On April 18, 1901, a two acre tract of land in the northwest corner of Ouachita Parish was purchased for the slight sum of ten dollars. The buyer was a non-denominational church in its infancy, a merger of three denominational congregations (Methodist, Episcopalian, Missionary Baptist). In the early days, the congregation hosted Methodist and Baptist ministers every other Sunday, respectively. Appropriately, the fledgling church was named Union Church, and so it remained for years until it became Aulds Chapel Independent Congregational Church, and then, finally, Aulds Chapel Bible Church.
Physical expansion is one thing, which Aulds Chapel has done in square feet and acres. But spiritual expansion is another, and deepening our knowledge and love of God is what this church has been about. For as long as anyone can remember.
Continue to Our Location.